- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 Rack of Pork Spare Ribs
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Mix first 9 ingredients together to create your Magic Dust Rub, you will only need 1/3 of this for 1 rack of ribs.
- Prepare the ribs by removing the thin membrane from the back side of the ribs. This is the side where the bones are. If you can remove with your finger if not use a knife to do so. This may have been done by the butcher.
- Season both sides of the ribs with 1/3 of the mixture. Then wrap in two layers of tinfoil and place on a baking sheet. Bake 3-4 hours in the oven.
- To create a char on the ribs after they are cooked you can take them out of the tinfoil and place them on the grill or broil for a few minutes.
Credit: Removing the membrane how to – https://steamykitchen.com/11036-baby-back-ribs-recipe-fall-off-bone.html, Seasoning – from my brother